It’s not every time things go as planned. Sometimes you might have scheduled to travel on a certain date but plans change and you can no longer proceed with the journey. Airlines understand these circumstances very clearly. For that reason, these airlines have their different cancellation policies well in place to ensure their passengers can easily cancel their flights as soon as they need to without any hassle.
If you have previously booked a flight with Turkish Airlines and you realize that you need to cancel it, it’s important that you understand the Turkish Airlines cancellation policy. The policy is easy and customer-friendly. The details of the policy are discussed below.
Turkish Airlines Cancellation Policy
- According to the Turkish Airlines Cancellation Policy, a passenger who has booked a ticket with Turkish Airlines can have their tickets canceled on the same date without the need of paying any Turkish Airlines flight cancellation fee.
- The Turkish Airlines cancellation with 24 hours policy helps a passenger to cancel their flight within the initial 24 hours of booking without paying any charges.
- According to the policy, a passenger will receive the total amount as a refund regardless of the type of ticket they booked.
- Along with this 24-hour time frame, a passenger should cancel their flight at least 7 days before the scheduled flight departure to qualify for a full refund.
- If the passenger makes a mistake while booking a flight, they can easily cancel the ticket without paying any charge to have the flight rebooked correctly.
Turkish Airlines Ticket Cancellation Charges
Like other airlines, Turkish airlines also impose flight cancellation fees. Turkish Airlines Ticket cancellation charges are affected by several factors such as departure time, fare type, departure point, and time taken between the cancellation and flight departure among many other factors. The following are the rules of the policy:
- The Turkish Airlines Economy Promotion airfare tickets are non-refundable. If a passenger has this kind of flight ticket, then he or she isn’t eligible for any refund when they cancel the ticket.
- No refund will be provided to a passenger upon cancellation if they have the Economy Flexible fare ticket, Business Promotion ticket, and Economy Restricted Fare ticket.
- A passenger with a Business Restricted Fare ticket needs to pay $400 as a Turkish Airlines flight cancellation charge for canceling the flight ticket.
- A passenger with a Flexible Fare ticket doesn’t need to pay Turkish Airlines flight cancellation charges for canceling their ticket.
- The amount to be refunded following the cancellation depends on the class and route of the passenger.
- If a flight changes its time of departure, the passenger can claim a refund from the Airlines or they can change their flight without having to pay any extra fee.
- No fee will be imposed if the passenger cancels their tickets within 24 hours of booking. However, the flight has to be canceled at least 7 days before the time of departure.
- If a passenger has a non-refundable ticket, then they can still get some amount (tax) of total fare if they cancel within 24 hours of booking.
- All refunds are going to be credited to the passenger’s account within 20 working days.
- If you’re canceling your Turkish Airlines flight ticket with 1 to 12 hours of flight departure, then about 40% of the ticket price will be deducted by the Airlines.
- The cancellation fee will also lessen together with the percentage rate of the flight booking and only following that, the refund is going to be deposited into the respective account of the passenger.
- 20% of the flight ticket price will be deducted by the Airlines as a cancellation fee if a passenger cancels the booking 12 hours before the flight departure and the balance will be refunded.
- If 20% of the ticket value isn’t deducted by Turkish Airlines then, it’s possible that the cancellation charge might be diminished. Whatever price leads will be deducted and then the refund is going to be provided.
- No compensation will be provided if the cancellation is done for the flight scheduled with F, W, V, U, and P fare type.
- A TRY 200 will be charged as a Turkish Airlines flight cancellation fee for the flights of B, A, H, S, and M types of the fare excluding the ticketing charge. The TRY 200 charge for cancellation is imposed on the passengers who are canceling their flights 1 to 12 hours before the flight departure.
- The fee won’t include the booking charge but only for the travelers who are holding the Business Fly flight tickets.
- The TRY 300 charge for canceling flights is withheld from a passenger’s compensation price if they are canceling their tickets before 12 hours or exceeding 12 hours of the flight departure.
- The cancellation charge doesn’t cover the price of the booking but only for the traveler who has the Business Fly flight ticket.
- The Turkish Airlines official website displays the non-refundable and refundable fares.
Turkish Airlines Cancellation according to Ticket Types
- If a passenger has a refundable ticket, he or she will receive an amount following the Turkish Airlines Flight cancellation fee deduction from the actual ticket value.
- If the passenger holds a non-refundable ticket, they won’t be eligible to receive a refund.
- Sometimes, a passenger holding a non-refundable ticket may receive some amount (taxes) but in most cases, the passenger won’t have any refund with a non-refundable ticket.
How to Cancel Turkish Airlines Flight Tickets
As per the Turkish Airlines cancellation policy, a passenger can cancel their ticket through the following different methods:
- Official website
- Mobile application
- Offline through Calls
- Ticketing office
- Airport counter
To learn how to go through each of the above Turkish Airlines ticket cancellation procedure, refer to the below simple steps:
Turkish Airlines Flight Cancellation Methods
Now that you’re familiar with the Turkish Airlines cancellation policy, it’s time to proceed with the process of ticket cancellation. However, if you’re still wondering what method to utilize to cancel the ticket, we have got you covered in this article.
It’s important to keep in mind that the methods mentioned here aren’t applicable for passengers who booked their flight via travel agency or agent. In case you booked your flight with a travel agent, you’re advised to contact them for help on the ticket cancellation.
Via Turkish Airlines Official Website
So, if you don’t book the flight with an agent, the following steps will help you to cancel your book on the Turkish Airlines official website:
- Go to the Turkish Airlines official website
- Once you’re on the website’s homepage, just click the “My Trip” or “My Booking”.
- Now you’ll be in a position to see the list of bookings on your screen and a record with all the bookings made previously. So, select the flight ticket that you wish to cancel.
- After you have done the above steps, you’ll see a window open where you’ll be required to enter the flight ticket number that you’re canceling within the provided field. You should ensure that you enter the ticket number (ID) correctly.
- You’ll also need to enter the passenger’s last name in the provided field.
- Once you’re done with the steps, click the “Cancel” button
- You’ll receive an SMS or email confirming the cancellation details of the email and phone number the passenger provided after the cancellation process is successful.
- The Turkish Airlines refund is going to be transferred to the corresponding account by which the flight booking was earlier initiated.
The refund shall be provided following the deduction of any applicable Turkish Airlines flight cancellation charges.
Canceling Flight via a Call
Turkish Airlines provides for offline cancellation of flight tickets. As a passenger, you can dial the Turkish Airlines flight cancellation number +1-855-948-3805 and speak to an executive. You can call in at any time of the day and someone will be ready to speak to you about any issues regarding cancellation and more.
Canceling Flight via a Mobile App
Turkish Airlines also allows flight cancellation through a mobile application. A passenger with the Turkish Airlines app installed in their mobiles can sign in to their account and initiate the cancellation process using the correct details for the ticket.
Canceling Flight via Turkish Airlines Airport Counter
Turkish Airlines permits passengers to make flight cancellations at the airport counter. So, a passenger can have his or her flight ticket canceled by visiting the airport counter at the right time as per the Turkish Airlines cancellation policy.
Canceling Flight via Ticketing Office
Turkish Airlines also provides the option of canceling flight tickets via ticketing offices. A passenger can, therefore, visit one of these offices that operate under the Turkish Airlines cancellation policy and adopt the same T&C for the flight cancellation. It’s recommended that passengers follow all the rules before they cancel their tickets.
Turkish Airlines Cancellation Policy – Frequently Asked Questions
Turkish airlines try the best to ensure that refunds are processed as quickly as possible. The refund process is initiated as soon as the customer’s application is received. The time taken may vary depending on the method of payment you used to pay for your Turkish Airlines ticket. Due to increased demand for refund requests, delays may be experienced and so customers are advised to allow more time. Refunds may take between 7 to 20 working days.
Like all other airlines, Turkish Airlines also has its set of rules regarding the flight cancellation as per the airfares. The Turkish Airlines Economy Promotion airfare tickets are non-refundable. If a passenger has this kind of flight ticket, then he or she isn’t eligible for any refund when they cancel the ticket. No refund will be provided to a passenger upon cancellation if they have the Economy Flexible fare ticket, Business Promotion ticket, and Economy Restricted Fare ticket.
A passenger with a Business Restricted Fare ticket needs to pay $400 as a Turkish Airlines flight cancellation charge for canceling the flight ticket. A passenger with a Flexible Fare ticket doesn’t need to pay Turkish Airlines flight cancellation charges for canceling their ticket.
Turkish Airlines refund policy is designed to depend on the class and route of the tickets of the passenger. It allows its customers to change flights without paying any fees or request a full refund in case the flight is delayed from its time of departure.
Turkish Airlines rarely cancels flight though. However, in case it does, then passengers will be provided with free accommodation until the next subsequent flight. According to the Turkish Airlines cancellation policy, when the flight is canceled and it’s the responsibility of the airlines, passengers will also get benevolence like transportation between airport and hotel.
Sometimes there might be natural disasters like cyclones, floods, earthquakes, etc. In that case, as per the cancellation policy, no refund shall be provided to a passenger. Compensation is going to be offered in a voucher form for future procurement of flight tickets or complimentary meals and drinks if the flight has been canceled because of some other reasons such as natural disasters.
Turkish Airlines makes it possible and convenient for passengers to have their flights canceled and rescheduled as per their convenience. Sometimes because of bug fixes or change of schedule, a passenger can cancel his or her reservations. The following are the instructions to follow to reschedule or cancel a flight.
1. Go the Turkish Airlines official website
2. Search and find a management fix
3. Select and change the link of the flight
4. Type in the details like the passenger’s last name and booking number
5. Select your option of alternative flight
6. Follow the on-screen steps to change your flight
7. Pay the difference
8. The rescheduling can be completed following the cancellation
Turkish Airlines cancellation policy is easy to understand for all passengers. This article has; hopefully, helped you to understand the policy and everything about Turkish Airlines cancel within 24 hours. If you have any further questions, please contact the customer care department of Turkish Airlines and you’ll get helped right away.