Finnair is one of the leading carrier airlines in Finland. This airline is dedicated to serving a wide range of domestic and international flights. Sometimes your plans might change and you have no option than to have your Finnair flight that you had booked months or weeks before canceled. If you’re one of the passengers that have found themselves in situations where you need to do a Finnair cancel ticket, then you know that the process can at times be complicated and expensive as well.
However, if you booked your flight ticket with Finnair and now you need to have it canceled, you’re reading the right article! You’ll find all the information you need regarding the Finnair cancel booking as per the airline’s flight cancellation policy. With that, you’ll be able to determine which rules and restrictions will apply to your situation.
Finnair Cancellation Policy
If you had booked your flight with this airline but now due to unavoidable circumstances you can no longer travel, and you have to cancel your Finnair flight ticket, then before continuing any further, it’s imperative that you learn something about Finnair cancellation 24 hours policy.
Finnair Cancellation 24 Hours
- To ensure the needs and different situations of passengers are well satisfied, Finnair introduced a cancellation policy 24 hours. That enabled the airline to provide added benefits and more flexibility for its customers while managing their ticket/flight booking.
- According to the Finnair Cancellation 24 hours Policy, passengers can conveniently cancel their booked tickets on the airline within 24 hours of flight booking. Finnair will offer a full refund of a ticket price if the booking was done at least one week before the date of departure of the Finnair flight.
- If the passenger cancels his or her Finnair flight some hours before the time of departure of the flight and the passenger booking flight no more than one week before, then he or she will be required to pay a penalty, which will completely depend on the rules of the fare set by the Finnair.
- Canceling your flight on Finnair is easy and hassle-free
- Passengers can request a Finnair Cancellation refund by filling in the refund form online on Finnair official website.
- One eligible flight ticket that gets canceled on time that Finnair provides a refund for. To secure a full refund, a passenger must cancel their flight ticket within 24 hours of booking.
- Finnair doesn’t offer a refund to any passenger whose ticket’s period has expired
- Finnair might take a considerable amount of time to have the refund processed; usually, a successful refund request is granted within 7-10 business days.
- If flights got canceled because of unavoidable technical issues or other reasons from the Finnair’s side, the passengers will be legally eligible for compensation to be able to book the subsequent Finnair flight. Hence, you can comfortably cancel a flight and receive a refund on this airline.
How to Cancel Finnair Flight Ticket
If you already booked a flight with Finnair but now because of some urgency you’re required to cancel it, you can easily do so using three methods: Telephone, Online or at the airport. Either way, you’ll need to have your confirmation number at hand to provide to the airline’s customer representative to initiate the process of flight cancellation. As soon as the process of the Finnair cancellation process completes, you’ll be notified about the options you can choose from when it comes to receiving the Finnair cancellation refund.
Finnair Ticket Cancellation Fees
- A passenger on Finnair is required to pay a Finnair cancellation fee for not just domestic but also for international flights. If you have no idea about the Finnair cancel booking fee for international flights, the following guidelines will help you:
- A passenger will pay a Finnair cancellation fee ranging from $100 to $500 whenever they make a request for a refund beyond the 24 hours of booking as a risk-free cancellation.
- If the passenger is canceling their Finnair flight within 24 hours to the scheduled flight departure, then a cancellation fee of $100 to $400 is going to be applied as a Finnair cancellation fee.
- A passenger can also make a request for cancellation after actually canceling their flight.
- If you need further information regarding the Finnair cancel booking, please get in touch with Finnair cancellation phone number and speak to a competent and ready to help you.
Finnair Cancel Booking Online
- With your PC, open your browser and visit the Finnair website. Click on the “Sign in” or “Login” button available at the top corner on the right of the Finnair web page. You’ll need to enter the correct Finnair sign-in credentials and then hit the “login” button.
- If you’ve not created a Finnair account yet, you can jump the signing step. Go to the Finnair Cancellations page and enter the right confirmation number as well as your name. Then click on the “Continue” button. According to the Finnair cancellation policy, you have to enter the same name as the passenger who initially reserved the flight ticket.
- Click on the “Flight |Hotel| Car” button available at the top of the page. By so doing, you’ll be redirected to multiple links and options. Next, click on the link that says “Manage Finnair Reservations” found on the “Flight” header.
- Click on the link that says “Finnair Cancel Reservation”. Once you do that, hit on “Manage Reservations”. You’ll have opened another page, which offers you a few different options. Now click on “Finnair Cancel Reservation”.
- You’ll see three boxes appear on your screen requiring you to enter your first and name as well as a confirmation number. Do that and once you’re done, click “Continue” to proceed. Take note that you’ll require entering the actual name that you utilized during the time of ticket booking with Finnair. If you can’t access the confirmation number for your flight ticket, go through the history of your booked ticket in your account on Finnair. Also, you can get the confirmation number in the email you provided during the booking process. And if you can’t remember the correct login credentials; click the “Need help logging in” button available at the button right of your screen. If you’re a frequent flyer with Finnair, you may also try the small box that says “Remember Me?” once you enter your correct Finnair login details. By so doing, you won’t need to enter the details again any time you need to log in as the system will store and remember the details on your behalf.
- Review the details of your Finnair flight ticket. If you reserved a round ticket, you need to cancel the whole trip. You’re not allowed to withdraw only a part of the trip. However, if you booked a one-way flight ticket, then it won’t be a problem.
- If you wish to check your Finnair cancellation refund, navigate to “Travel Funds”. That will help you to know whether the air ticket amount you gave is refundable or not. If you see that it’s “Refundable”, you can hit the next box to “Request a refund”. But if you see it says “Non-refundable”, you’ll not receive any refund.
- Scroll down the button of the page and you’ll see an option to “Cancel My Reservation”. Click the “Yes, Cancel” button and have the Finnair cancel ticket process completed.
How to cancel your Finnair flight ticket through a Call
- To have your Finnair ticket canceled, dial the toll-free number and get in touch with the Finnair Reservations Department. Making this call you’ll be able to have any question or query regarding your Finnair cancel booking fee, reservations and everything else answered.
- Once the call goes through, speak to the airline’s executive and inform them that you wish to cancel your ticket.
- Remember to check and various options you have for your Finnair flight ticket refund.
How to Cancel your Finnair Ticket at Airport
- To initiate the process of Finnair cancel booking, you’ll require visiting the airport in which you’ll board your flight.
- Go to the Finnair Airport Ticket Office (Finnair ATO)
- Request to have your flight canceled and ask for a refund
Finnair Flight Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Finnair provides flight cancellation facilities to enable its passengers to cancel their flights if they realize that they can’t proceed with the trip due to changed plans. The airline helps a lot of passengers like you to recover money after successfully canceling their flights.
- It’s possible to cancel your ticket and receive a refund. If you reserved your flight ticket at least 7 days before the scheduled time of departure of the flight, you may cancel the ticket within 24 hours without having to pay the Finnair cancellation fee.
- If you bought the Finnair Cancellation cover, it will let you cancel your ticket and request a refund if you’re unable to travel because of an accident, sudden sickness, or any other emergency either to you or your family member.
- The cancellation cover applies to the actual flight ticket and any extra travel services offered by Finnair for the passengers that aren’t able to proceed with their trip. If the emergency happens after the flight departure, your cancellation cover is going to cover the expenses of the return ticket or an equal amount for the entire flight fare.
- The importance or urgency of your ticket cancellation is usually assessed according to medical reasons. It’s imperative to keep in mind that you have to present valid medical documentation together with the application form for a refund.
- The majority of the unutilized fees and taxes are refundable. However, there a few exceptions:
- A passenger pays a refund fee of ￡40
- Credit card fees and service fees aren’t refundable
- Fuel and Insurance Fee isn’t refundable in the event that you chose a type of ticket that’s non-refundable.
- You can request a refund of your Finnair ticket by filling in a refund form online. If you bought the ticket form a travel agent, you’ll need to get in touch with them to get a refund.
- If you happen to have already utilized your ticket or travel extras but you want to get a refund owing to delayed flights, you can also do so by filling in a compensation form online.
- If you’ve already bought a Finnair Cancellation Cover and now you want to request a refund, you can do so by filling in the Finnair Cancellation Cover refund form online.
- Keep in mind that you have to cancel your flight ticket before you request a refund. As mentioned, you can cancel your ticket online or offline via a call or at the airport.
The amount to be refunded depends upon the type of your ticket. If you’re eligible for a refund, it’s going to be calculated as per the Finnair cancellation/refund policy. It would help to contact the Finnair Customer Support if you know what the exact refund amount is before canceling your ticket.
FAQs Related To Finnair Cancellation Policy
Q1. How can I do Finnair cancel booking?
You can do your Finnair cancel booking online by logging into the Finnair official website and clicking on the “Manage booking” option of the web page.
Q2. What’s the eligibility for a flight ticket refund?
The eligibility for a Finnair cancellation refund depends on the ticket type you purchased. So, depending on the type of ticket you have, you may or may not be entitled to a refund. It’s easy to check the status of your ticket type online or on the history of your ticket booking confirmation.
Q3. How can I claim for a Finnair ticket refund?
It’s easy to claim your Finnair ticket refund. To do so, please fill in a refund form online. However, if you booked your ticket via a travel agent, you’ll need to contact them and request a refund.
Q3. What will happen if I do Finnair cancel booking?
1. What happens if you do Finnair cancel booking depends entirely on the type of ticket you hold and whether you booked a refundable or non-refundable Finnair flight ticket.
2. If you booked a basic economy Finnair flight ticket, you’re not allowed to do the Finnair ticket cancellation for a refund once the 24 hours grace period of ticket booking has elapsed.
3. If you purchased a non-refundable ticket, you’ll need to pay a Finnair cancellation fee of about $200 for any domestic ticket and a fee ranging from $200 to $500 for international flights, which depends on how long the flight takes.
4. Once you’ve done that, you’re going to get the notification of your ticket amount, less the cancellation fee, as an e-credit and you can utilize it on Finnair flight in the future.
5. If you’ve purchased a refundable Finnair ticket you’re free to cancel any time before the flight departure and you’ll be reimbursed on your initial payment method.
Q4. Is it possible for me to cancel a Finnair ticket within 24 hours?
Yes. All passengers are entitled to 24 hours after their original ticket booking to do the Finnair cancel ticket if they need to without paying a Finnair cancellation fee, regardless of their fare type.
Q5. Can I be compensated if my flight got delayed for 2 hours and the delay was Finnair’s responsibility?
Yes. All passengers are legally eligible for compensation if the delay emanates from Finnair’s end and either: their replacement flights delay their arrival by at least two hours or their Finnair flights were canceled less than fourteen (14) days before departure.
Q6. How can I know whether my Finnair flight is refundable or not?
It’s easy to know whether or not you have a refundable ticket. To know, open the Finnair’s official site and enter the correct ticket number and wait for the Finnair to display information on refund eligibility. Even if your Finnair ticket is non-refundable, you could still cancel your itinerary and utilize the money to Finnair flight in the future.
Finnair Cancel Booking Fee, Policy – Our Final Thought
Finnair is a leading airline in Finland. If you’re a frequent flyer on this airline or you had just booked a flight with it but not you need to cancel it, this article was meant to assist you to know how to do it. We have covered all you needed to know about the Finnair Cancel Booking and the applicable Finnair Cancellation Fee as per the Finnair Cancel Ticket policy. Ensuring you’re familiar with the airline’s ticket cancellation policy is imperative to ensure you’re able to easily cancel your flight if you need to and subsequently request a refund. Our FAQs section above will also help you in answering some of the frequently asked questions about the cancellation and refund request processes.
If you have any further questions or you wish for clarification anywhere, you can contact the Finnair Customer Care Number and you’ll get the assistance that you need.