Avianca Airlines is one of Colombia’s largest airline companies. The airline is based in Colombia and headquartered in Bogota, Colombia. Its airplanes fly to 114 destinations across 27 countries of the world. If a passenger wishes to book a flight on Avianca Airlines, they must follow the booking procedure of the airlines. The passenger will require entering the information regarding their ticket booking step-by-step. Similarly, if the passenger wants to cancel their flight ticket, they have to follow the Avianca cancellation policy. The cancellation policy and the Avianca flight ticket cancellation fee and refund policy are all discussed below.
Avianca 24-Hour Flight Cancellation Policy
Avianca Airlines provides maximum facility to all its customers so that no one will find it difficult to cancel their flight tickets if they need to. The Avianca cancellation policy 24 Hours is very customer friendly. So, when it comes to that time when you don’t have any other option than to cancel your flight ticket due to occurrence of an unpleasant situation or emergency, you don’t have to get worried or confused, all you need is to familiarize yourself with the cancellation policy. What does the policy say?
- As per the Avianca Cancellation Policy 24 Hours, a passenger can cancel their flights within 24 hours of booking without paying any Avianca cancellation fee.
- If the passenger has their flight tickets canceled less than 24 hours of their ticket booking, then they won’t require paying any cancellation charges.
- Moreover, if the passenger applies for the flight ticket cancellation within 24 hours but the scheduled flight departure is before seven days, then the passenger will have to pay the Avianca cancellation fee.
- The passenger will be required to pay extra cancellation charges if they apply for Avianca Airlines flight ticket cancellation after a 24-hour time limit.
- Any refund amount following the Avianca non-refundable flight ticket cancellation will be provided by the airlines in the credit form that can be used for any future flight ticket booking up to a specific time limit.
- The Avianca Airlines might take up to 15 days to process the refund amount back in either the passenger’s actual payment account or their debit or credit card they utilized to pay the ticket.
- If the passenger has any further concerns, questions, or needs clarification, the Avianca Airlines customer care department is always open. You can contact them through the call center number and a representative will speak to you and assist where you need regarding cancellation and refund.
Types of Flight Ticket Eligible for Avianca Cancellation
- On the Avianca official website, you’ll find both refundable and non-refundable flight tickets. When making your flight reservations, you should choose wisely between the tickets.
- If you’re not very sure about your travel plan, it’s advisable that you choose a refundable ticket during the flight booking since you’ll get a refund without a lot of issues if need be.
- If you’re sure about the travel schedule, then you can choose the non-refundable flight ticket while booking.
- However, we understand that there are circumstances where situations arise and you’re forced to have the ticket canceled. In that case, you’ll receive a refund for your non-refundable ticket too because the Avianca Airlines provides maximum flexibility for passengers to experience no hardships.
- Avianca cancellation fee may be charged. However, if the passenger cancels their flight with the provided time limit as per the cancellation policy, then no charges will be applied. In other words, a passenger won’t require paying any Avianca cancellation fee if they cancel their flight within 24 hours of flight ticket booking.
- Avianca Airlines also offers the facility of flight cancellation to all its passengers 72 hours from the flight departure. As a passenger on Avianca Airlines, you need to remember that there have been at least 7 days left before flight departure otherwise the 24 hours policy won’t be applicable.
- Cancellation won’t be applicable if there’s only a week left before the flight departure even if the passenger is canceling within the initial 24 hours.
Avianca Flight Cancellation Fee
- There’s a cancellation fee prescribed by Avianca Airlines for both domestic and international air travels.
- Avianca Airlines’ cancellation fee of $100 to $500 is imposed on a passenger that requests for ticket cancellation after 24 hours of booking as a risk-free cancellation.
- If the passenger cancels their Avianca Airlines flight ticket within 24 hours from the departure time of the scheduled flight, then a fee of $100 to $400 is imposed on the particular passenger as an Avianca flight cancellation fee.
Methods of Canceling Avianca Airlines Flight Ticket
Many customers get confused when it comes to Avianca Airlines’ ticket cancellation owing to several reasons. Sometimes, the customer isn’t aware of the content of the cancellation policy, there’s a connection problem or the website is down among other reasons. If you have to cancel your flight ticket, you can choose from the methods mentioned below:
- Official Website: One of the simplest ways of going through the Avianca flight cancellation is through the Avianca Airlines official website. Once you’re there, you need to navigate to the “Manage Bookings” section available on the homepage.
- Travel Agent: If you’re not sure whether you can make the cancellation yourself, you can seek assistance from a trustworthy travel agent. However, you should result in this method if you made the booking of the flight ticket using an agent. So, in this case, get in touch with the same agent or agencies that help you make the reservations to avoid any further issues or confusion.
- Avianca Mobile App: If you’re utilizing your smartphone to cancel your flight ticket, you’re supposed to go to the App Store if you have an apple phone or go to the Play Store if you have an Android phone to download the Avianca app and do the cancellation quickly and easily. With the app, you’ll not only be able to make the cancellation but you’ll also be able to book a flight.
- Avianca Customer Service: If you can’t still go through these technical processes yourself, you can opt to contact the Avianca Airlines customer service and they will help you to cancel your booking.
- Avianca Airlines Airport: You can also have your flight ticket canceled by visiting your nearest airport and cancel the ticket from the Avianca flight ticket kiosk easily.
How to Cancel your Avianca Airlines Flight Ticket Online
To have your Avianca Airlines flight ticket canceled online, you’ll need to go through the following easy and quick steps:
- Go to Avianca Airlines official website
- While on the home page, navigate to the flight booking section
- You’ll be required to enter the reservation number and the name of the passenger holding the ticket.
- Click on the “Submit” button. You’ll see all your flight booking details together with other options.
- Click on the “Cancel” button on the ticket you want to have canceled. You’ll be asked to confirm the cancellation. So, click the “Yes, cancel” button.
- Follow all the on-screen instructions to have the cancellation procedure completed.
- You’ll receive a text in your email or message confirming the success of your flight ticket cancellation.
If you have any problem going through the cancellation process, you can get in touch with the Avianca Airlines customer care through the number provided here.
How to Cancel Ticket at Airport
- Go to the airport where you want to board your flight.
- Once you’re there, visit the Airport Ticket Office of Avianca Airlines
- Get to speak one-on-one with one of Avianca Airlines’ executives and ask them to help you cancel your flight ticket. After the ticket cancellation and you’re qualified for a refund, the amount will be transferred to your credit or debit card you had used to pay for the ticket.
How to cancel your ticket via a Call
- Dial the Avianca Airlines’ toll-free number or use the number provided above and speak to a representative who will help you cancel your ticket. Additionally, if you have further questions regarding flight reservations’ fare and refund, the representative will get to answer them for you.
- Inform the executive/representative that you need to cancel your ticket.
- Check out the ticket refund options you have.
Avianca Airlines Refund Policy
- Avianca Airlines offers passengers full refunds if the cancellation was made 24 hours before the departure of the scheduled flight.
- Passengers are charged an administrative fee for canceling their flights after the risk-free period set for safe cancellation.
- Passengers will be required to pay between $25 and $150 depending on their itinerary fare.
- If a passenger is traveling on a non-refundable Avianca Airlines flight ticket, they are allowed to reschedule the ticket and avoid canceling or paying a fee. The passenger can request a refund of the ticket amount into the original mode of payment.
FAQs Related To Avianca Cancellation Policy
Q1. I reserved my ticket via Avianca Airlines’ official website but I’m unable to make the trip anymore. What should I do? Should I delete the purchase or request a refund?
You can cancel the reservation of your ticket by calling any of Avianca Airlines call center via before the scheduled departure of the flight. You can also contact Avianca Airlines sales offices and cancel the flight online yourself by filling out the request form.
Depending on your fare option you procured, you might be required to pay a certain amount as a fee to have the dates of the ticket changed.
Please remember that the cancellations are usually under the rules and regulations of the flight fare chosen during flight booking.
Q2. What happens if my flight is delayed for 2 hours?
All passengers are legally entitled to receive Avianca Airlines compensation if their flight is delayed for 2 hours and it’s the responsibility of the airline and either the passengers’ flight was canceled less than 2 weeks before departure time or the replacement flight causes delay to your arrival by at least 2 hours.
Q3. How can I know if my ticket is refundable or not?
To check whether you have a refundable or non-refundable Avianca Airlines flight ticket, go to the Avianca official website. On the “Manage booking” section, click and enter the correct ticket number and Avianca Airlines will display the refund information of your flight ticket. Even if your ticket is non-refundable, you can still cancel it and apply the value to an Avianca Airlines flight in the future.
Q4. How can I obtain a refund if I booked a ticket via an Agent?
If you booked your Avianca Airlines ticket via a travel agent or agency, it’s recommended that you get in touch with the agent/agency to obtain your refund if you qualify for it.
Q5. What are the steps to initiate the refund process?
To initiate the refund process on Avianca Airlines, you should follow the simple steps below:
Step one: Go to the Avianca Airlines official website.
Step Two: Navigate to the Menu section of the website’s home page.
Step three: You’ll require to login to your Avianca Airlines account. Enter your login credentials and access the account.
Step four: Hit on the “refund” option
Step five: Select the “Cancellation” tab
Step six: Provide the details of the method of your ticket payment and the ticket code.
Step seven: Tab on the “access” button and choose the flight ticket that you want to cancel.
Avianca’s 24 hour flight cancellation policy is very popular. If you understand the policy, you won’t have an issue if you need to cancel your flight. This article is designed to help you understand in detail about it, including the Avianca Airlines cancellation fee and refund policy. If you have further questions that we might not have covered in the course of the article, feel free to contact the Avianca Airlines customer care center number. The representative will happily help you with whatever you need to know about the Avianca cancellation policy.