Air China is one of the major airlines and the flag carrier of the People’s Republic of China. Its headquarters is in Shunyi District, Beijing. It commenced its operations on July 1st, 1988 as the decision of the then Chinese government to split civil aviation into six separate airlines. Air China got the chief responsibility for international flights. Air China was the first airline to offer combined tickets which include domestic flights and shuttle bus services to cities. Air China is the first Chinese carrier that offers onboard Wi-Fi internet service, however, the service is available only for tablets and laptops.
Air China’s network covers a major portion of the global destinations extending throughout Asia to Western Europe, the Middle East, and North America as well as other destinations in Asia, Australia, and Europe. Air China is one in all the few airlines that fly to all six livable continents. You can book your flights both online and offline and can also cancel your booking online with Air China cancellation policy.
Air China Flight Cancellation Policy
As a human, you don’t know even the slightest part of your future surely. But that doesn’t and shouldn’t refrain you from booking your flights in advance. In fact, it is the perfect policy to book your flights in advance. Often due to unexpected changes in your planned flight, you may need to cancel your booking. However, if you don’t know how to cancel your ticket, it may be more challenging to cancel the ticket than you even thought. However, after we discuss the Air China Cancellation Policy, you will easily understand the cancellation procedure and can act accordingly in the future.
Most often, we go for non-refundable tickets while purchasing air tickets. As they are fairly pocket-friendly compared to their refundable counterparts, the luring idea of saving some money motivates you to do so. But, before purchasing non-refundable tickets, we never think of the fact that if something comes up and we get forced to cancel our tickets, we will not only lose the ticket money, but also won’t get the advantage of the amount we wished to save. As we will discuss Air China cancellation policy, fees, and refunds afterward, it will be very easy for you to process the cancellation and refunds, hopefully.
If you know enough about the Air China cancellation policy, which you will by the end of this article, you can be saved from the trouble that most people face during cancellation procedures as well as will be confident about your future bookings. We have pointed out the major parts of Air China Cancellation Policy here-
- Air China cancellation policy allows you to cancel your flight reservations.
- If your flight is delayed or canceled by Air China authority, you can demand and will get a full refund.
- You can cancel your reservation within 24 hours of booking without any cancellation fee.
- The policy offers you the ability to cancel tickets online which you purchased on any of Air China’s international sites. However, they don’t offer a cancellation that you booked through an offline office.
- Air China cancellation policy also allows you to change your bookings, which, many other airlines don’t allow you.
Air China 24 Hour Cancellation
By establishing the convenient 24-hour cancelation policy for Air China, this leading People’s Republic of China flag carrier has proven that it is genuinely committed to giving travelers the best facilities and exciting experience. Air China 24 hour cancellation includes-
- You can cancel your reservation within 24 hours without any penalty i.e., cancellation fees.
- However, after the risk period of 24 hours, you will be penalized accordingly.
But Air China 24 hour cancellation also have some regulations to avail this no-penalty offer. To avail of this offer, you must meet up the following requirements.
- The reservation must be made at least one week prior to the flight departure.
- The ticket must include transportation from or to the US.
Air China Cancellation Fees
Air China cancellation fees depend upon some factors including the time you request for the cancellation process. We pointed out the cancellation fees so that it becomes easy for you to understand.
- As we already mentioned, you don’t have to pay any cancellation fee if the cancellation is within 24 hours of reservation which is called the risk period.
- However, if your cancellation request exceeds the risk period, you will have to pay fees for the cancellation request.
- After the time period of 24 hours, Air China usually charges 200 US dollars as cancellation fees.
If you are aware and alert of your position on canceling the reservation as well as the cancellation fees, you can cancel your reservation within the specified timeframe, which will help you exempt from these charges. Adverse to that, it is a matter of joy that you will get complete assistance throughout the cancellation process.
Air China Cancellation Refund Policy
Under certain conditions, the Air China Cancellation Refund may be claimed on both refundable and non-refundable tickets. The refund will be provided on the purchase of non-refundable flight tickets within 24 hours of the cancelation of the flight reservation. For purchasing refundable air tickets, you can get a full refund. A refundable air ticket reservation may be canceled even at the last minute. In this case, you will be charged USD 50 which will be deducted from the refund and the remaining amount will be refunded. As per the Air China cancellation policy, the time for issuing the refund is usually from 7 to 10 business days. You will receive a refund in the payment method that you already used for the previous payment.
Air China Cancellation Refund
It is an important advantage that after you decide to cancel your reservation, you can also request an Air China cancellation refund. It will avail upon your eligibility. But, currently, it is only possible to request a refund online for tickets purchased on any of the international sites of Air China.
- If you can view and retrieve your booking record from the ‘Check My Bookings’ feature, we suggest that you submit your refund request using this feature. It will allow you to enter less information, making it easier for you to make the request.
- Applicable tickets can be refunded free of charge within the validity period of one year. But, the refund must be requested before the departure of the flight.
- If you have made a refund request, your seat will be automatically canceled and the ticket will be invalidated automatically as well. Once that happens, you can not restore your seat and ticket. Please just ask for a refund when you are confident that you intend to do so.
- When requesting a refund for a number of passengers in a single reservation record, please click “Add Ticket Number”.
- In order to process the refund correctly and quickly, we suggest that you fill in the information as shown in the ticket issuance confirmation email that you received once.
- In order to get the refund deposited to your bank account in a timely manner, make sure that you use the same card you used once to make the purchase.
- Otherwise, your refund will be delayed and or rendered totally impossible. It can occur even if your credit card has expired. So, to get refunded quickly and easily, take the necessary measures.
- If your refund request involves an infant traveling with an adult passenger, the booking of the infant will be canceled by the system automatically.
- If your intention is to request refunds on tickets of both the adult and the infant, make sure that you also provide information about the infant and submit a refund for the ticket of the infant.
Air China Flight Cancellation Policy & How to cancel Flight online
We have already discussed the Air China flight cancellation policy. Here, we will learn how to cancel Air China flight tickets online. These are the steps you have to follow to cancel Air China tickets online-
- Open browser on your device.
- Visit the official website of Air China.
- Go to the ‘Booking Management’ section. Here, you will find ‘Check My Booking’.
- You will be required here to fill in the airline confirmation number consisting of six digits. You can also give your 13 digit e-ticket number before filling in your name.
- After filling in all the information correctly, click on ‘Retrieve’.
- Now select the booking you want to cancel.
- After selecting the booking, tap on ‘Cancel this booking’.
- In this step, before you confirm the cancellation of the flight reservation, you will see an instruction-set for the Air China cancellation refund procedure.
- Now comes the final step. Click on ‘Cancel’ and the process will be completed.
After the process is completed, you will receive a confirmation email for the reservation cancellation.
FAQs Related To Air China Flight Cancellation
What is the Air China Cancellation Policy?
By creating the convenient 24-hour cancelation policy for Air China, this leading People’s Republic of China flag carrier has shown that it is truly dedicated to offering passengers the best services and promising experience. The Air China Cancellation Policy allows you to cancel your flight reservation, particularly in situations when your travel plans unexpectedly change.
How to Cancel Air China Flight Tickets Offline?
When you have booked the flight tickets via the Air China portal or with their agent ‘s help, you will follow the same protocol to cancel your offline Air China flight tickets.
How to get Air China Cancellation Refund?
A filing for compensation for an Air China cancelation can be made online by uploading a refund application. Your reservation will be canceled upon submission of this form. The flight booking will also be invalidated and you can not recover it.
How to Rebook Air China Flight Tickets?
Step 1: Open a browser and visit the official website of Air China.
Step 2: Go to the section ‘Manage Reservation’.
Step 3: You will find the rebooking option here. Click on it.
Step 4: Now, you will have to provide reservation details including the booking code and family name.
Step 5: You will get the option to retrieve the booking after that.
Step 6: After you retrieved the booking, the option to rebook will come up.
Step 7: Now choose the flight that is suitable for you and click ‘continue’.
Step 8: Details of any additional fare and flight rebooking fee will be available now.
Step 9: This is the last step. What you have to do now is just to make the payment.
What is Air China Flight Delay Compensation?
You may be able to get the Air China Flight Delay Compensation on the off chance that the airlines will delay or cancel the flight because of certain unavoidable circumstances.
When can you get the Air China Flight Delay compensation?
• If Air China canceled your flight and you were not told at least 14 days earlier of the flight.
• If you fail to board the flight due to overlooking.
• If you fail to board a connecting flight because of a delay in the schedule of the first flight.
• If your flight has been delayed by more than three hours.
If my Air China Flight is canceled, what should I do?
If you are informed in advance that your flight will be canceled, Air China will change your ticket or refund it to you at no cost. We suggest you contact the Air China Customer Service as soon as possible so that they can rebook your ticket quickly on the next available flight.
Can I reserve a ticket online and pay for it offline?
No, you can’t. Internet bookings are kept half an hour long. Any bookings not purchased within that time will be automatically canceled.
How much will I get charged as cancellation fees?
After the risk period of 24 hours, Air China usually charges 200 US dollars as cancellation fees.
How will I receive a refund?
You will receive a refund in the same payment method you used to pay earlier.